Import CSV error

Nuttawutz
Participant III

Hi ! I got error for import CSV action. Could someone help me solve this problem ?

I got this error when upload CSV.

3X_a_7_a73cf1c05f032aee64b8a909891e90e745b5e74f.png

My construct.

My file that have test upload. ( CSV UTF-8 )

I leave the key field as blank for add new row with initial value ( UNIQUEID() ).

Solved Solved
0 12 722
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Remove that field from the CSV file.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Nuttawutz
Are you updating rows, or adding new rows?
I just did a test import without ID and all my rows had a UNIQUEID added.

I am trying to adding new rows.

Please post a screenshot of the entire configuration of the action that is trying to create the row.

Hi Steve,
My action to create the new row as show below.

Is there any points that i should recheck ?

Remove that field from the CSV file.

Thank you very much Grant_Stead ! Itโ€™s working !!!

Awesome, anything you include will try to pushโ€ฆ With this method you can for example, make a field blank/nullโ€ฆ So Appsheet sees the blank column, tries to push a blank value, but hits a wall with the required statementโ€ฆ

Thank you for your suggestion!

One more question, Is it possible to import with the multiple sheet into appsheet ? like we have header sheet and detail sheet which export from SQL.

No sir.

Thank you for your answer !

John_Dow
Participant I

Hello @Grant_Stead Iโ€™m having simmilar issue with the difference that I canโ€™t remove the column, as itโ€™s filled sometimes and sometimes not:

Basically I have a field which should be filled in according to initial value formula IF the other field in this row is filled (for example other field is country, and auto field is region). When the other field (country) is empty, I have to provide the value for this field (region) manually, so the CSV Import column is filled in some rows and omitted in some other with expectation it would be completed through initial value formula where possible. however it doesnโ€™t work, because intimal value formula is not triggered, as the column is present in the CSV import file and all the omissions are treated as null input, which is very inconvenient for the large imports.

Please advice on this issue. Thanks.

Is the only solution to split the file in two and import filled and unfilled vlues in separate import files?

Try working on your valid expressionsโ€ฆ try and get them to allow for what youโ€™re trying to doโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space