Import file

It would be great to be able to import like a csv file to update the data.
Or this is something you do directly in gsheet via google script ?

Status Open
6 15 2,449
15 Comments
Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Cyril_L
Your CSV file is just a text file and not really in good format to connect Appsheet directly to. You should import it into any of the available data sources Appsheet can connect to.

I use google script to automatically import CSV into google sheets using automatic triggers. That way Appsheet uses that gSheet as a source and is always reading from the latest data.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Some examples using GAS to import CSV into a gsheet:

https://ctrlq.org/code/20279-import-csv-into-google-spreadsheet

Cyril_L1

Thanks, my problem is to synchronize it, I will do some Script

Le sam. 6 avr. 2019 à 20:20, Mike via AppSheet Creator Community appsheet@discoursemail.com a écrit :

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Cyril_L
I tend to handle data blending and refreshes in the source data with scripting, with Appsheet for access and additional data entry.

Swoopy
Gold 1
Gold 1

Is there any movement yet? I totally agree with this request.

We use AppSheet to create apps for end-users not for pro. So, import feature from something like txt file should be available.

Regards,

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

I do have workflow, user access to a certain Google Spreadsheet, and type data in bulk. And then fire the GAS to upload the data onto SQL Server via Appsheet API, working perfect.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

I would prefer this feature over my solutions that I’ve cobbled together… The best part is the ability to leverage the existing validation that we’ve already spent time/effort to perfect in the front end. The other thing is then the users have multiple avenues to get info INTO the system… It is LOW CODE after all…

Swoopy
Gold 1
Gold 1

Sounds great but still looking for basic uploading data.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

No doubt, it is useful if we could get function load bulk data in CVS, with sort of interface. But the problem my clients is not waiting for me until it happens, so I need to think about alternative like solution I pushed, it is my basic notion to avoid coding though.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

100% agree… Our clients might receive a material list from engineers… 8000 records… It would be nice if they could just import them.

Swoopy
Gold 1
Gold 1

I could not agree with you more. The huge list of MESC can mess the users experience.

Ade_Suhendar
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

where we input the coding?

RD_INFO

Action to import a file exists, as far as I know, this is a manual trigger to be done by the user.

We now need a WORKFLOW to do the same (indicate file type, where the file is, a what time to upload it etc.). A log file should be provided to indicate any issue with the import.

Fabian_Weller
Gold 1
Gold 1

I would also like to have a Workflow to upload a CSV in a existing Google Sheet.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager