Improve UI and experience for scanner service on i Phone

The user experiences for scanning action on mobil phone is currently different between Android and I Phone.

See the screenshots.

[Those two are from Android]

[This one from I Phone]

As we see, on the Android, there is focus which assist us to scan the target code. Furthermore, nicely we have option to change the focus pointer, either wide or narrow.

However, on I phone , we don’t have those features, just flip the camera fron or back. This make us difficult to scan the target code, especially we have mutlple codes in the vicinity for the target product surface to scan…

I just simply want to get the exactly same features as Android over i Phone app.

Thank you.

@Takuya_Miyai

@Arthur_Rallu
@mandar

Status Open
3 14 391
14 Comments
WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Below is what I see on an iPhone when the barcode scanner is activated.

However, the targeting square doesn’t seem to be used at all. As soon as any barcode comes into view of the camera, it is picked up and scanned. When several barcodes/qr codes are together, there is no control over which is selected.

An indicator does outline the scanned code but everything happens so quickly that it is almost impossible to tell which of the codes it actually picked up.

mandar1
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Thanks for flagging this.

Michael_Tekin

@mandar Has this issue been solved? Because I’m still not able to scan/read QR codes with my iphone on the latest appsheet update.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Michael_Tekin

I have already tried contacting their support several times without an answer

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have you checked your spam folder?

Michael_Tekin

Yes I have, no reply still. From what I read online, I’m not the only user that is having the same problem. I hope they are able to fix the issue soon, since our warehouse has been standing still since the past week because of it.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated

Michael_Tekin

Thanks, but from what I read online it seems to be problematic with the version 14.3.4 for all Iphone users.

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

If you haven’t already, please open a Bug item on this. We can comment better there rather than taking over this Feature Request thread

mandar1
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

We have improved the experience with v14.4. Please update to the version and give it a try.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Hi @mandar
I updated to 14.4.4 and test scanner, but I did not notice any visible changes in scanning experiences. Can you share which part of scanner UI/UX is updated this time actually?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Christopher_Wil
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I am still having the same issue with the barcode scanner on IOS vs. Android.  Please advise if there has been any improvement on this issue since 75% of my team uses Iphone.