In a detail view of a parent table, a child record (isPartOf is set) that has a pending update that has been canceled shows the updated value until the detail view is refreshed

TeeSee

Have a parent and a child tables with isPartOf set on.
I open the parent’s form, edit a child record, saves it but cancels the parent’s form, which I believe should also cancel the child’s update.
However until I press the update icon, I continue to see the ‘updated’ value in the parent’s detail view which also shows children data.
Are there any settings I should check or is this an expected behavior with a form with changeable related records.

0 2 138
2 REPLIES 2

That’s a bit weird. I do not believe there is any setting that would affect that. I’d always recommend not allowing creation/edit of child records from within a parent’s Form view.

TeeSee

I had actually had isPartOf off initially.
However, when I read this article, I tried it and like the behavior where child records can be modified except for the hiccup I described.
If editing child records within the parent view is something that is not recommended, I will revert the configurations.

Top Labels in this Space