In a Table View, setting a 'Group by' column removes column from the "grid". Explicity setting it into Column Order should override that

As seen in the screenshot, I’ve set the [text] column as the ‘Group by’ column. Default behavior in this case is that this column does not get displayed in the table grid, but instead shows as a header for a set of rows.

My request is that under the above circumstance, if you also explicitly add that column into the ‘Column order’ section, then the column should again, and redundantly, appear in the table grid.

Status Open
11 11 529
11 Comments
Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

I think you used to be able to do that. I would vote but I dont have any left.

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

I’m still wanting this. I assume this would also fix the missing column headers brought about by using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW().

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

I ran into another situation today where I’d like this functionality.

1minManager
Gold 4
Gold 4

Just out of interest, whats the rational behind this?

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Once the user navigates into the “sub-view” (for lack of better term), whether this is from a multi-level Group-by or a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, the column that was filtered/grouped by is now impossible to show in the “sub-view”.

1minManager
Gold 4
Gold 4

O I C

The only way I can think to hack this would be to have two columns with the same data. One for the grouping and the other the colun in the sub-view

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Yep, same.

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

I feel like since a virtual column that just copies the data doesn’t add a ton of complexity or time, that there is basically no hope for this feature?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Wanting this again today.

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Wow it was only last week that I last bumped this? Sigh...