IN() Expression help

I have 2 tables connected by [Order ID]. The Order Requests table (Parent), and the Order Request Details table (Child). I need to write an expression in a behavior action in the Child table to only be visible based on a value in the parent table. The parent table column is [Order Status] which needs to be =โ€œOrder Receivedโ€ in order for the action in the Child table to be visible. [Order Status] in the parent table is a list. Iโ€™m having trouble trying to write an expression for this, please can someone help?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,783
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You said the Order Status column value is a list, but the error you got says otherwise. Try this instead:

AND(
 ISNOTBLANK([Order ID].[Order Status]),
 ([Order ID].[Order Status] = "Order Received")
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For the If this condition is true property of the action, try:

IN(
 "Order Received",
 [Order ID].[Order Status]
)

Thanks for your help, but that did not work. Iโ€™m getting Parameter 2 of function IN is of the wrong type? Looks like I may have something wrong on the last part?
IN(โ€œOrder Receivedโ€,Order Requests[Order Status])
This seems to be close but then when another record is created and has the same value โ€œOrder Receivedโ€ the action becomes visible again on all records?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You said the Order Status column value is a list, but the error you got says otherwise. Try this instead:

AND(
 ISNOTBLANK([Order ID].[Order Status]),
 ([Order ID].[Order Status] = "Order Received")
)

Thanks for your help, that seems to have worked for me, Antony

Dear @Steve !

I need you help ,I have 2 function in columns valid if ,

Please show me what to do, Thank you for support me..1679127835748.jpg 

Top Labels in this Space