In returns wrong result?

Hello everybody! I hope everyone is doing well, and in excellent health!

Please, I need help to understand what is the mistake I am making here. I am trying to use the IN function, but I cannot understand why it returns an erroneous result, I see that the data I am looking for is inside the list โ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 2 192
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sounds that you are using an enumlist or list or manually compiled list of names in the column [sector_responsables]

If so, when a SELECT() is applied to a list, it creates a list of list. Alternatively, if it is manually compiled list , the column could be a long text type, thus returning a text column in SELECT() instead of the expected list in an IN() function.

You could circumvent the above issues, by using a SPLIT() function as below. Please wrap with SPLIT() around the SELECT() EXPRESSION.

IN(USEREMAIL(), SPLIT( SELECT(โ€ฆ)), โ€œ,โ€) )

Also please refer list of lists in the article below

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It sounds that you are using an enumlist or list or manually compiled list of names in the column [sector_responsables]

If so, when a SELECT() is applied to a list, it creates a list of list. Alternatively, if it is manually compiled list , the column could be a long text type, thus returning a text column in SELECT() instead of the expected list in an IN() function.

You could circumvent the above issues, by using a SPLIT() function as below. Please wrap with SPLIT() around the SELECT() EXPRESSION.

IN(USEREMAIL(), SPLIT( SELECT(โ€ฆ)), โ€œ,โ€) )

Also please refer list of lists in the article below

muchas gracia!!

Top Labels in this Space