In the past month or so, I've made a couple o...

In the past month or so, I’ve made a couple of apps that take data that have been submitted via a Google form and then stored in a Google spreadsheet and display them.

I’m particularly pleased with the capability that AppSheet provides to display apps in browsers, instead of on a smartphone or tablet.

In a university lecture context, this allows me to ask the students to use their smartphones to respond to a few questions and then display the results on a screen using AppSheet almost instantaneously.

I’d like to share these as sample apps because I think many educators and people who make presentations to groups might find them to be useful, but there’s one problem.

When an app I’ve made in this way is copied, the Google spreadsheet is copied with it but not the form.

Of course, the form can be rebuilt, but that strikes me as a lot of extra work and something might go wrong in the process.

When one copies a Google spreadsheet that is attached to a form in the Spreadsheet interface, the form normally gets copied with it.

However, on AppSheet, it doesn’t work that way yet.

Could AppSheet do something to make the spreadsheet AND the form get copied together?

0 2 379
2 REPLIES 2

We’ll look into it Kirk.

Thanks for being willing to share you work with others!

@praveen In a way, I feel guilty about only using AppSheet in the free mode, even though I’ve gotten tons of valuable individualized assistance on this forum.

If my making some “sample” free apps public helps AppSheet grow as it helps the people who use my apps, that will make me happy.

Top Labels in this Space