Incorrect date format

I have column “Required Date” with datatype as “Date”. I have set the locale of my Spreadsheet and Appsheet Application as “English (UK)”. In my system, the date is shown in “dd/mm/yyyy” format. But in my client’s system (He is from New Zealand), it is showing in “mm/dd/yyyy” format. Does anybody know the reason for this. The client has tried this on his both his mobile application and browser. It is driving me nuts for past one week.

0 10 425
10 REPLIES 10

Hi.
It is probably because of different browsers.
You can force the format by having a Viritual Column and in formula have:
DAY([Required Date] & “/” & MONTH([Required Date] & “/” & YEAR([Required Date]
In form, show the [Required Date], In detail/lists etc, show the new VC.
In showif [Req Date]: CONTEXT(“Viewtype”) = “Form” and in showif [New VC]: CONTEXT(“Viewtype”) <> “Form”

But it will still show the date in mm/dd/yy format when the user selects the date from date picker in form

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The user’s device locale should be set according to the user’s preference. AppSheet tries to accommodate the user’s preference.

But the user is from New Zealand. His default settings are of dd/mm/yy

Is the user accessing the app as an app? Or through the browser?

He is accessing from both. And the result is same on both. I am going nuts on this.

The Chrome browser has a long-standing bug where it always uses the MM/DD/YYY date format in certain locations. I suspect (but do not know) that browsers based on Chrome (like Microsoft Edge) might suffer the same bug. If that’s what’s biting you, there’s nothing to be done. I have no explanation if the problem is affecting other browsers, or affecting the native app. I have to suggest you contact support@appsheet.com for further help with this.

This is my experience as well.
That is why I suggested:
DAY([Required Date] & “/” & MONTH([Required Date] & “/” & YEAR([Required Date]
In form, show the [Required Date], In detail/lists etc, show the new VC.
In showif [Req Date]: CONTEXT(“Viewtype”) = “Form” and in showif [New VC]: CONTEXT(“Viewtype”) <> “Form”

Thanks man, let me try this

Thanks Steve

Top Labels in this Space