Initial Value behaviour

Phil_Waite
Participant V

Hi,

I have an order table with a child order details table. The inital value of the [Order Status] is “Open”. Later the order status is changed to “Exported to Xero”. The order is reopened and nother column in the schema is then changed to indicate that the order has been paid by card or cash etc.

At this point the [Order Status] is then changed back to “Open” for some reason as thought he initial value has been triggered because the order has been opened. I assume the initial value is only implemented in first time the row is created. Is that right? I can’t work out why it is reverting to “Open”.

Thanks

Phil

0 4 80
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have Reset on Edit? turned on?

3X_8_1_81154fb9666eed3d0a7d208c51176952d6d81ce4.png

Hi,

No I don’t - I hadn’t seen that function before but it’s not on.

Thanks

Do you have any Bots or Workflows that could be changing the value? Or any Form Save Behaviors? Is it GSheets-based? If so, you can investigate the exact time of the cell’s edit history to maybe gain more insight on the issue.

Hi,

I’'ve just foud the composite parent and child actions that turn the status to “run” and then “Open” when the order form is saved. The action is to stop an email being sent with the new order before the order details have been added. Otherwise the email come through with no items fro the child table.

I have changed that part of the composite action to

IF([Order Status]=“Run”,“Open”,[Order Status])

thanks

phil

Top Labels in this Space