Inline Buttons once colored are now grayscale

Hello, I’m trying to figure out why the buttons for inline Actions are now Grayscaled when they were previously colored. This happened after the Material upgrade. My app uses Dark Mode and the colored buttons helped my Actions stand out.

1 10 1,428
10 REPLIES 10

@Arthur_Rallu and @morgan heads up.

The view buttons on the bottom bar in dark mode are also very pale and hard to see even when in focus. Also the “OK” button on the about view on startup is dark in a dark scheme. Surely it should be white.

@morgan anything on this? This was an abrupt change in the UX.

Im not seeing this.

3X_e_2_e26349e193f81f6135b32af0a50d2cf08c9f495c.png

All Inline Buttons to the right used to be colored Green, but now they are grey. Hardly noticeable.

I’m not sure about the expected behavior here, but you can still create format rules for your actions, and they are respected by icons/buttons in various views. Here’s an app showing this:

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Shows-how-to-create-multiple-inline-actions-and-also-how-to-color-f...

hope this helps!

The expected behavior button is formatted to the default color that fits your theme. I’m guessing that the recent Appsheet updates now makes the default color gray. Thanks I’m going to manually now set each button as my theme color.

Yep! I confirmed this with the developers.

Wow, that seems like bad design choice… Since the dawn of the hyperlink we have been trained that a color differential is something clickable… Interested to see what the plan is… Maybe we’ll get to define the color at the action level?

I hope so. I would think once more people realize this it will be a very controversial change.

Top Labels in this Space