Inline table list items and list number different

Hello everyone,
I had an almost similar problem before but I am sure this time it is something else. Why does this happen?

The amount of items listed is different than what the “view” below the inline table displays. It takes more than 30s for the “view” number to become similar to the number of items listed. Also when I add the first items with an action, it takes that long for the inline table to appear. If I COUNT the number of items in the table, it correlates with the “view” number, not the actual number of items listed. I am using this expression to create the inline table:
SELECT(Tasks Strategies[EntryID],AND([Project]=[_THISROW].[Project],CONTAINS([Task],[Reporting Type])))
I dont understand why the number of items show instantaneously when a new item is added but the “view” and COUNT doesn’t reflect it immediately and take a long time to update. Anyway to have everything update instantaneously?
Thank you
Hyman

0 7 458
7 REPLIES 7

Normally the reason is a formula where you try to combine SELECT with another SELECT or LIST expression.

Hey Aleksi,
Thanks for the response.
I have tried to think if I am combining selects or if another list is involved. I cant think of any. What is also strange is that I have a format rule that uses the exact expression than the virtual COUNT expression in the table and the format rules counts instantaneously while the virtual COUNT column in the table is delayed. It cause my app to be less user friendly.
Hyman

Do you have SELECT expression where the column is EnumList like SELECT(Table[EnumList],…)?

Hey Aleksi,
No, no such enumlist select expression. This is how I create the inline table:

SELECT(Tasks Strategies[EntryID],AND([Project]=[_THISROW].[Project],CONTAINS([Task],[Reporting Type])))

I have even tried to change the CONTAINS part to a equality value like [Task]=[Task Name] but it keep on doing the same. For now I bypass it by means of actions. So the “view” below the inline table is still showing a wrong value and a COUNT expression in the table are still taking time to sync but by using an action to create a new entry and including the filtering expressions straight into the action it produces the correct results. So for instance by making the COUNT expression part of the action which is creating a new entry I get the correct value although in the inline table it is not yet showing the correct value.
Thanks

I will check your app.

Thanks lots, let know if I should share anything

account id - 516273
appname - Plan
Go to Strategy in the bottom menu, Select ‘Know It All’ project in the inline table. Scroll down to Report Strategy and select one of the strategies, preferably an orange one, then click the ‘Create Task’ button and save the new task. Then see how the task is listed in the inline view, the ‘Nr Tasks Created’ adds one more number but the ‘View’ below the inline task table only updates after a long time.
Thanks

Top Labels in this Space