Inline view - can see more columns at the same time?

Hi in charge, I would really like an inline view that contains article number, location, expiry date and qty, but i can only get it to show just article number and location (attache capture inline view image), i have tried to create a slice, but i just canโ€™t squeeze the 4 columns (article number, location, expiry date and qty, see attached capture inline view more) in? Is there anyway to do this? if not, can i just see location, expiry date and qty columns? article number is a key field though.

Thank you very much in advance for the help!

Solved Solved
0 15 537
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You might want to test the following steps:

1. Set Column width to Narrow:

2. SAVE and Verify DATA
    2X_f_f3d91fa32e4aca9ad7138f6f797f56d8f36be9a0.png

3. Reduce your column title using a shorter description and re-do the above.

4. Or you might want also to use the setting for horizontal scrolling

Please note that step#2 is not just SAVE, but select from the right triangle and click Save&Verify data.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

You might want to test the following steps:

1. Set Column width to Narrow:

2. SAVE and Verify DATA
    2X_f_f3d91fa32e4aca9ad7138f6f797f56d8f36be9a0.png

3. Reduce your column title using a shorter description and re-do the above.

4. Or you might want also to use the setting for horizontal scrolling

Please note that step#2 is not just SAVE, but select from the right triangle and click Save&Verify data.

Heru,

I love your detailed help with steps and screenshots. That makes it so easy to follow.

Lucinda

Got it. Thank you so much for the detailed help with screen shots. The sequence that you suggested is also good guidance to maximise the use of AppSheet features first

Edmund Chan

Youโ€™re welcome, btw did you managed to reduce your column title through description? Itโ€™s kind of long column name and I also didnโ€™t make snapshot for Step#3.

2X_4_4f408b88bc334fe97943164fc264eda810ddd065.png

Yes I reduced the column title like you mentioned. I am figuring out the sequence of the columns now. Tried to use a slice and change the column sequence in the original table, but it seems to have a life of its own haha

Edmund Chan

Try to turn this setting ON for that:

Thank you for the suggestion. I have just did what you recommended, but it seems the columns are still not listening. In the attached picture, the emulator on the right is showing a different sequence from the table on the right. i understand article, being the key, may need to appear on the right hand most column.

You need to create your desired own detail view for the slice and make itโ€™s position as Ref that will take over the system generated detail view.

Thank you Heru. I am ok with keeping to the sequence in the original table (itโ€™s the same sequence in AppSheet table and in my original Google sheet), but it is in a different sequence in the inline view. How can I get the inline view to show the sequence in the original table?

Edmund Chan

I think, you need to switched ON the โ€œKeep Column Orderโ€ setting to prevent intelligent re-ordering, and re-arranged the column order from the inline view. Were you on the right inline view when re-arranging the column order?

Hey Heru, thank you for the tip. Yes I manage to get into the inline view to adjust the columns. Thank you for following up closely on this

Edmund Chan

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The column order for the Related testing view for itempickings inline table is controlled by a view of type table in the ref position for the table or slice containing those rows. AppSheet typically creates inline view configurations for you, so look for one called testing view for itempickings_Inline. In there, youโ€™ll find an option to order the columns:

Yes thank you for the clear instructions I can order the columns in my inline view now. Greetings from Singapore

Edmund Chan

Is there any way to change the date format? I have updated it in the data source (settings in Google sheet), but it is still showing as mm/dd/yyyy, I need it to be dd/mm/yyyy, as per what is showing on Google sheet.

Hi @edmund_chan,

have you change the Localization Setting of the table?

ps: Itโ€™s better to close this post thread, mark as solution to your initial post. You can always open another post if you have any different questions.

Top Labels in this Space