Inline View from Reference Rows that do not include key of parent table. Is it possible?

Have a Table for Tracks where [Track Name] is the key.

Also have a table Races in which one column is [Track Name] but here the Key is a concatenation of [Track Name] and [Date]

What i am trying to do is to show a inline view of Races for Todays Track.

If you reference [Track Name] of Races to Track an automatically Related Races column generated by appsheet in Tracks Table., with this formula:
Related Racess
REF_ROWS(โ€œRacesโ€, โ€œTrack Nameโ€)

I would like to create a reference with SELECT.
SELECT(Races[_KeyRacingDays], (CONCATENATE([Track Name],": ",TODAY()) = [_KeyRacingDays]))

So when i display The Tracks in a Gallery View and click on track image it. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 2 340
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry. i was taking a cumbersome path . It is better an easier to go to Behavior and create an Action with the LINKTOFILTERVIEW() Expression and add this in the Row onclick Track Gallery.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
โ€œRaces_Inlineโ€,[_KeyRacingDays]=CONCATENATE([_THISROW].[Track],": ",TODAY()))

This will display the Inline View without any references.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @yastaaa

You may want to correct this:

SELECT(Races[_KeyRacingDays], 
  CONCATENATE([Track Name],": ",TODAY()) = [_KeyRacingDays])
)

into this:

SELECT(Races[_KeyRacingDays], 
  CONCATENATE([_THISROW].[Track Name],": ",TODAY()) = [_KeyRacingDays])
)

Please note this is equivalent to:

FILTER("Races", 
  CONCATENATE([_THISROW].[Track Name],": ",TODAY()) = [_KeyRacingDays]
)

For further knowledge, I encourage you to have a look there:

also, for reference:

About this:

Iโ€™m not sure what you have in mind, I would think about ticking the โ€œLabelโ€ option on the expected column in the table Races.
You may want to provide more informations on this point ?

Sorry. i was taking a cumbersome path . It is better an easier to go to Behavior and create an Action with the LINKTOFILTERVIEW() Expression and add this in the Row onclick Track Gallery.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
โ€œRaces_Inlineโ€,[_KeyRacingDays]=CONCATENATE([_THISROW].[Track],": ",TODAY()))

This will display the Inline View without any references.

Top Labels in this Space