Inline views missing view type selection

The system generated inline view controls are missing the place to select the type of view it should be.

1 9 508
9 REPLIES 9

Yes itโ€™s the same for all system generated views. You need to create your own ref view for that purposeโ€ฆ but you probably know it already

Waitโ€ฆ You guys got rid of the ability to change the type of view for a system generated inline view?

Seriously?!

How am I supposed to change the system view (the root view for the table), when itโ€™s created as a deck, into a table?

When I create my own table view for that, and put it in the ref position, now I have an extra view that is not the โ€œbase viewโ€ for that table. Anytime somebody would be directed to what app sheet interprets as just viewing the base view, it uses the system generated view instead of the view that I made.

But Iโ€™m sure youโ€™re aware of that

Best
Matt

@MultiTech_Guru
www.MultiTechVisions.com

@MultiTech_Visions Yes I do know this.

Okayโ€ฆ So thereโ€™s no way for me to change the system generated in line view to a different type anymore?

When it creates the system generated view as a deck, Iโ€™m stuck with that view from now on?

I tried what you were suggesting, creating my own view of a specific type that I want, but unfortunately the inline views are not using that. It still using the system generated deck view, even when I delete it it just recreates it the same way it did before.

Best
Matt

@MultiTech_Guru
www.MultiTechVisions.com

Did you use the position as โ€œRefโ€? I tested this and it works.

Hereโ€™s the app in question:
GuateStar-CostosCE2-64813

Itโ€™s so funny; over and over and over again it doesnโ€™t work - until I bring it to your attention, then it works. Iโ€™ll get to the point where Iโ€™m likeโ€ฆ fine, Iโ€™ll record a video. Then it works. Sigh.

But this is right back to the messy setup you guys had before system views were implemented, where Iโ€™ve got to have โ€œextraโ€ views for things.

@Praveen Seshadri ???

This seems like a bug to me; like when the UX>Views panel was redesigned, the top portion (which includes the view type selector) was hidden for system views - but this had the unexpected result of hiding the ability to change system inline view types.

With the recent changes, the grouping of things in containers, itโ€™s easy to see how this could be overlooked - as the other system views (detail and form) donโ€™t have any other types they could be, so you donโ€™t need that top portion.

Best

Matt Vileta

CEO MultiTech Visions

Website | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

So we have to use deck views or make your own new views ? If you have a lot of records the deck views are going to take up a lot of space. Im interested to hear the reason for this. Having to make a new view for every inline one will be a bit tedious.

@MultiTech_Visions maybe @praveen has better thoughts about this feature and reasons.

Top Labels in this Space