INPUT() Popup shows Tabs like in a Form

Hamlet
Participant V

Hello AppSheet team,

When using the INPUT() function in a table that has tabs on it’s Form View, the pop up also shows the Tabs even though there’s only one field being updated.

Solved Solved
5 26 875
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey thanks for checking in! Yes, we have a fix ready that will go out in the next release. It will be mentioned in the release notes as well

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Steve
Participant V

Attn @praveen

Any update? I’m having the same issue. Plus, I can’t get the data to save. In fact, clicking save does nothing and I have to click Cancel to get out of the form.

Steve
Participant V

This is a bug. Please contact Support for help with it.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

JPAlpano
Participant V

Has this been resolved yet?  I'm also having issues with it especailly that my form has 6 tabs.
User has to click Next 5 times just to be able to get to the Save button.

JPAlpano_0-1659091381024.png

I had also raised this issue in the post below.

Solved: Bug?: Input() function action shows all tabs of a ... - Google Cloud Community

Hi @Steve : May we request your help in raising it again with the AppSheet team.

Going by the number of posts on the issue, this bug seems to be causing an issue for many app creators.

CC to

@Arthur_Rallu 

Steve
Participant V

Escalated.

Thank you @Steve 

Hello! Do you have an idea of when you starting seeing this issue? Did it just start happening this week? 

Hi @amyplin ,

If you see various posts in this thread, they date from 2021, I experienced it April this year and someone again experienced it today. 

So we could possibly take  it  as a long standing issue. Also at least I have not seen any resolution post from AppSheet team in the past.

Thanks for the context - I'll create a ticket to track the work and try to get it prioritized! 

Any news about this?
Is there at least a way to identify the pop us using CONTEXT("ViewType")?

Hi all, thanks for the feedback & repro steps! A fix has been pushed and will go out with the next deploy.

Hi @Saavan ,  I'm not sure if this is related to the pusehd fix, but now, a Page 1 tab mysteriously appears in the Input pop-ups.

JPAlpano_0-1660318694332.png

I don't have any Page show column tabs anywhere in my table.

Hi JPAlpano, thank you for catching this. It is unrelated to the fix but potentially a bug nonetheless. Could you submit repro steps to 

Done submitting repro steps. Thanks.

@JPAlpano wrote:

Is there at least a way to identify the pop us using CONTEXT("ViewType")?

You can use CONTEXT("ViewType")="Form" or CONTEXT("ViewType")<>"Detail in the Show if. With that the Page Header will not show up in the INPUT form at all. I use this since some months.
That's because CONTEXT("ViewType") of an INPUT form is always the view from where you open the INPUT form.

I know this, but I cannot use this because I need those Show() columns to appear in the Detail views as Section headers.  In the desktop view, I also need the section to be split into cards, so using CONTEXT("ViewType")<>"Detail" is not a solution for my use case.

JPAlpano
Participant V

Hey, @Hamlet ,

It seemed to be fixed now.  I was chatting with Aleksi from the Appsheet team, and we were just on the part where he was trying to reproduce it, but magically, after I synced, the issue got fixed right after I just sent a screenshot of the behavior.

@Saavan Thanks for you help. Kindly let Aleksi know as I am unable to find him here.

JPAlpano_0-1660557697771.png

FYI, here’s @Aleksi  

JPAlpano
Participant V

Just found out that the tabs are gone, but the Next button still needs to be clicked multiple times.

JPAlpano_0-1660697044876.png

Also, the tabs are still visible in Desktop mode.

JPAlpano_1-1660697091926.png

Taking a look now, thank you!

Steve
Participant V

Attn @Arthur_Rallu ^^^

JPAlpano
Participant V

Any news?

Hey thanks for checking in! Yes, we have a fix ready that will go out in the next release. It will be mentioned in the release notes as well

Top Labels in this Space