Insert Images into xlsx/word template

Mark12345
Participant II

Hi everyone again!

I need some help once more.How can I insert images (captured from the app) into xlsx or word templates?I can do simple stuff like <<[XYZ]>> or <<If([XYZ],ABC,XYZ)>> but canโ€™t figure out how to display the image instead of a hyperlink in the template (Can Appsheet actually do this?)

Anyone can direct me to a help page or post?

Thanks in advance!

0 6 1,127
6 REPLIES 6

Gowtham
Participant III

You mean displaying Image in downloaded workflow generated spreadsheet ?

Mark12345
Participant II

Yes that is correct,I have a workflow that generates a xlsx or word template with data from a form but I canโ€™t get it to display images captured from the form (it shows up as a long gibberish โ€œlinkโ€)

Use Image: <<[Image]>> to Insert Image into xlsx or word (<<[your Image column name]>>).
Ensure the Column is of data type Image and no app formulae exist to convert it into hyperlink.
Also ensure Secure Image access option turned off. It is under Security-> Options tab. If it is turned ON it enforce app security for image access (note: enabling this option will prevent images rendering outside the app)

Mark12345
Participant II

Hmmm,I tried every thing above and itโ€™s still displaying as such
2X_a_a8befc150c87909270b30bae6f8cf3fba7e6f508.png
Am I missing something?

I also encountered this โ€œissueโ€ of not displaying the actual image on the final result using a word (in my case Google Docs) template. Instead it showed the full directory and file name of the image.

And that happened because I used the template in a workflow from a wrong table.

Try creating a workflow for the table where your [IMAGE COLUMN] resides. In that way you can easily use the expression <<[IMAGE COLUMN]>> in the word template to show the actual image on the final result.

Mark12345
Participant II

You can override these defaults by creating a format rule.

1. Go to the UX > Format Rules tab of the app editor.
  2. Click โ€œAdd New Format Ruleโ€.
  3. In โ€œFor this dataโ€ choose the table containing the image, thumbnail, drawing, or signature.
  4. Pick the column or columns containing your images, thumbnails, drawings, or signatures.
  5. Optionally specify a condition.
  6. Under โ€œWORKFLOW TEMPLATE FORMATโ€ choose one of the following โ€œImage formatsโ€:
    Large: To display the image value as a 1000 x 1000 image.
    Medium: To display the image value as a 600 x 600 image.
    Small: To display the image value as a 200 x 200 image.
    Tiny: To display the image value as a 50 x 50 image.
    Text: To display the image value as a URL.

I tried this too but to no avail =(

Top Labels in this Space