Inspection App with Questions based on Location & Equipment

I’ve got a couple different workflows that would benefit from the app being able to load a set of questions from the database for a selected location and or piece of equipment. These questions all have a yes/no response and then possibly a comment or picture if the item is not in compliance with the question. I’ve been struggling with how to do this efficiently. The sample apps for this type just show a list of generic questions vs. specific questions that apply to that piece of equipment. Anyone know of a sample or a solution to this?

0 2 158
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What have you considered?

I’ve tried building the database of questions in the actual spreadsheet and just pulling them in as items, which works, but requires a question for each item and duplicates if the same question applies to multiple locations or machines.

For example, let’s say I have three locations (A, B, C) and Machines (X, Y, Z) with quarterly and yearly tasks. I would like to be able to have the tech select the location and the machine, and then mark the associated tasks as complete. If I have machine X at all three locations all those questions would have to be repeated in the database of tasks so that the results can be entered for each item. Obviously with 3 locations and 3 machines it is not a big deal, but expanding to more sites and even more machines of the same type at each location, the spreadsheet has to grow exponentially.

Top Labels in this Space