Instant Message other App Users

Are there any future plans for implementing instant messaging capabilities within AppSheet? My organization would greatly benefit from this feature.

Status Open
5 19 2,741
19 Comments
LeventK
Participant V

@Brady_Lovell
Well you can already create your own messaging system with the integration of push notifications actually

Brady_Lovell
Participant V

@LeventK Do you mind elaborating, or pointing me to the right documentation?

LeventK
Participant V

@Brady_Lovell
No documentation. You just need to create your own Inbox/Messaging system. A simple table where a new record will also trigger a push notification with the deep-link so that the user can click and open the app, view the message and reply if necessary. See a couple of screenshots from one of my client apps. Basically the idea is the same as yours.

When a new correspondence is recorded, the recipient receives a push notification which directly open the Inbox view.

Brady_Lovell
Participant V

@LeventK Absolutely brilliant! That explains a lot. I’m fixing to get to work creating a similar workflow for my organization. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

LeventK
Participant V

Your welcome @Brady_Lovell, truly my pleasure. I would like to show or explain more in detail but as you can understand it’s an app under NDA.

Grant_Stead
Participant V

Nice touch with the number of unread messages in the view name…

Mike_A
Participant V

It’s really amazing when knowledge of this platform and imagination meet! Thanks @LeventK. Maybe this should be in tips and tricks section as a bit of a user story: how to create an inbox feature. @Peter - wondering if this could be a next example in Tips and Tricks?

peterdykstra
Staff

Yes this is awesome - I would definitely connect with @LeventK for questions/assistance building something like this, he’s got the best example of it. Will add to the list of things to highlight.

Siger_Smit
Participant I

I would really like to see how this is done! So if you guys can write down a walk trough or tutorial anytime soon that would be great…

Henry_Scott
Participant V

@Peter Was a Sample App ever done for this functionality?

LeventK
Participant V

@Henry_Scott
Actually I was supposed to do it, however I haven’t had any time to accomplish it, sorry. I will take a look at my schedule and try to do my best on that. Provided I can do it, I will post it under Tips’n’Tricks section.

Henry_Scott
Participant V

@LeventK always thank you for your effort and contribution to assist us

Ahmed_Zeidan
Participant II

Hello LeventK, did you create this app ? if so, can u give the link in the Tips and Tricks section

LeventK
Participant V

@Ahmed_Zeidan
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to found/create free time to do it.

Ahmed_Zeidan
Participant II

thanks LeventK for the help