Interactive Dashboard Short lesson

Mike_T

So frustrating…i made some changes to a table, changed it back and now my interactivity doesn’t work anymore. Can someone help me with a checklist to make sure I’ve got all the right settings. My situation:

Table1: simple list of “campaigns” and Table2 long list of displays with “campaign” as a column
Views: Dashboard:
View1 is table view of campaigns from Table 1
View2 is map view of list of displays (slicer of Table2)

When I tap on the Campaign in the dashboard, I want the map to filter out all of the displays not in that campaign.

Interactive button is ON.

What am I missing?

Solved Solved
0 3 289
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike_T

OK Call off the dogs! I found my solution. And I gotta say, no where in all of the videos did I see a mention of this.

I changed the Key in my Table1 to Campaign column. I’m still not sure why this works like this but I don’t care at this point.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_T

I’ve confirmed the Reference column is in the Campaign table. Table2’s Campaign column is set to Ref. Now when I select an item in the Table1, all icons disappear on the map. Does this have something to do with a slicer I’m using to filter the users access to their own state’s info? Why is this so hard for me to understand?

Also, when I change the Campaign column to Ref type in Table2 (List of Scans/Displays) all of my format rules are lost too.

I know I screwed something up when I was testing something earlier and now I can’t get it back to the working version I had this morning. Ugh!

Mike_T

OK Call off the dogs! I found my solution. And I gotta say, no where in all of the videos did I see a mention of this.

I changed the Key in my Table1 to Campaign column. I’m still not sure why this works like this but I don’t care at this point.

Yeah, interactive dashboards really aren’t well explained, and are presented as so much magic.

Basically (as I understand it), if you have interactive dashboard on, and view A displays a deck, gallery, or table view, and view B displays a detail or other single-row view of the same data set displayed by view A, view B will display whichever row is selected from view A. Without interactive mode, clicking on a row in view A will switch to the single-row view of that row. With interactive dashboard on, the view doesn’t switch; instead, the existing view B is used.

Top Labels in this Space