Invalid Operator?

Hi
I have a column called [End Downtime], type DateTime. I want to send an email if the difference between [End Downtime] and current time is less than 30minutes. When I input the expression/condition as

TOTALMINUTES([End Downtime]-NOW()<30), Appsheet returns an error message that Date Arithmetic expression ([End Downtime]-NOW()) has an invalid operator

Like to know where I went wrong with the express in order to achieve the desired outcome.

tks

Solved Solved
0 8 396
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tks for pointing that out. Renaming the column did not solve the problem. Changing the Table from Checklist to Job Assignment did.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Your closing parenthesis is in the wrong place.

Hi Marc
I amended it to
TOTALMINUTES([End Downtime]-NOW())<30

Still showing the same error message. The closing parenthesis is now correct, right?

It works fine for me:

Please double check that your DateTime column really is DateTime type, as if I replace that with just a text column in the expression I get your same error:

3X_a_9_a9e10386326514704a7e0809d859bc56412e8428.png

Found out whatโ€™s the issue.

I have 2 tables with the same column name but different data type.

While I specifically chose the one with the datetime data type, I guess Appsheet somehow decided (on its own?) to use the other (which is Text data type).

Renaming the column seems to solve the problem.

Tks

If you provide a screenshot of the complete expression, we might be able to explain why it chose the wrong column.

Hi Steve

as requested

And the workflow rule was for Table Job Assignment ?

tks for pointing that out. Renaming the column did not solve the problem. Changing the Table from Checklist to Job Assignment did.

Top Labels in this Space