Invalid phone number stopped workflow

I have a workflow that sends text messages based on values in different fields. It’s been working perfectly for a very long time. Today I realized it had stopped. Traced it down to this error:

“Errors”: “Error: Task ‘Urgent_Notification_Scope_12_for_All_JFP_Urgent SMS Notification for JFP’ field ‘SMSTo’ contains invalid phone number ‘##########’.”,

My question is, should one invalid number, I’m asking the user if that is a correct cell number, STOP all the other texts from being sent?

Would the same thing happen with a bad email address? The same workflow sends emails to those users who want to be notified by email.

1 5 369
5 REPLIES 5

I had this issue a very long time ago and was told that this was not the intended behavior. It sounds like a bug worth reporting to support@appsheet.com

Same issue. Not ideal - it should still send to the valid numbers

Yes, it is unfortunate that that would happen like that. However, you should use data validation to make sure no one enters an invalid phone number in the first place, if you want a fail-proof system.

Marc,

How do you test to see if the valid number is actually for a mobile, i.e. able to receive texts? The first time this happened, the number was a working number but a land-line.

Lucinda

Oh, that’s something different than just an invalid phone number. I have no idea.

Top Labels in this Space