InvalidOperationException: An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending

I made a change to Behavior of Viewing in UX Only USERROLE()=“ADMIN” to blanking that requirement so everyone can see the new view. but now when opening the app I get this error on the front end and this error on the back

FRONT
body {font-family:“Verdana”;font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}

p {font-family:“Verdana”;font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

b {font-family:“Verdana”;font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

H1 { font-family:“Verdana”;font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }

H2 { font-family:“Verdana”;font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }

pre {font-family:“Consolas”,“Lucida Console”,Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt}

.marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}

.version {color: gray;}

.error {margin-bottom: 10px;}

.expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:pointer; }

@media screen and (max-width: 639px) {

pre { width: 440px; overflow: auto; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; }

}

@media screen and (max-width: 479px) {

pre { width: 280px; }

}

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending.

Source Error:

``

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

``

[InvalidOperationException: An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4210.0

In the editor
The NewApp-1197080 app did not load successfully. Please contact the app creator.

An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:pointer; }

Exactly same error here. No changes made.

1 Like

Exactly same error here. No changes made.

Same issue, but only 1 of my users. All other accounts are fine.

1 Like

Same issue on multiple devices. Needs to be resolved urgently.

1 Like

Also only 1 user so far (diagnostics below). I’ve made some tests and couldn’t replicate the issue on other devices.

image

yip, we have it down here in New Zealand too… not all users. Interestingly it’s not just the apps we have made, but also the Sample Apps from the Appsheet website.

1 Like

@praveen @Aleksi @Steve

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I searched for this issue (“An asynchronous module or handler completed while an asynchronous operation was still pending”) and nothing came up, so I created my own thread minutes ago
https://community.appsheet.com/t/app-did-not-load-successfully-please-contact-the-app-creator/32516

It’s very likely to be an error outside of AppSheet’s control, or one of a recent update from AppSheet in their web-request handling, but now is all our problem. Funny, I don’t have the issue on my Android or Windows 7 computer, but my friend does while accessing with his account via his Windows 10 computers.

1 Like

I’ve received a response from support confirming the issue is due to the latest update, they are currently rolling it back

3 Likes

They just confirmed it’s rolled back, it should be working as expected now.

3 Likes

We’re getting warmer!
Now I’m getting,
“Unable to fetch app definition”
&
“Error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

I know I saw a lot of those, “Unable to fetch app definition” threads while searching for solutions to this thread’s issue. I’ll post here for others when I figure out how to correct this recent issue. Refreshing the editor page doesn’t fix it, nor did deleting all unused columns to the right of the most recently added column in my Google Sheet.

1 Like

we’re all good again down here, as at about an hour ago

2 Likes

This morning the error again changed, into:
“Unable to fetch app definition.Error: Data table sample is not accessible due to: File not found”
Frustrating, because within the editor I could see the table linked, and clicking on the table’s View Source button within the editor opened a new browser tab with all the correct data.

Turns out the account attempting to use our AppSheet didn’t yet have permission to access the Google Sheet. Fixed by changing the user icon (while viewing the Google Sheet), which popped up with the prompt to request access. Request email sent to owner of the Google Sheet, accepted and we’re up and running.

2 Likes