Inventory validation with Order Capture App Sample

Hello, I am using the Order Capture App Sample, and I have been able to edit it so far. What I am trying to do is to validate the Inventory available with the request value. This means when I click on Save the order, I want to get a message like โ€œThe order you want to place cannot be saved because is not available in our inventoryโ€, something like that. Since the App sample have the columns Total Available Total Request and Total Inventory, I think this is something I can do, but I dont know how. I am not sure if this is an Action or Behavior, or what exactly is. Thanks for your help.

1 6 575
6 REPLIES 6

hru
Participant V

Hi @okybrunner,

With the Order Capture sample app, To do that, you need to do:

1. Create a virtual column in the Order Detail table, lets call this [Total Inventory]

2. With formua:
    ANY(SELECT(Products[Total Available], [_THISROW].[Product ID]=[Product ID]))

3. Still in the Order detail table, to the [Quantity], use Valid_If: [_THIS]<=[Total Inventory] and with Invalid value error : "The order you want to place cannot be saved because is not available in our inventoryโ€

The virtual column isnโ€™t strictly necessary:

[_THIS]<=ANY(SELECT(Products[Total Available], [_THISROW].[Product ID]=[Product ID]))

Ahhhhhโ€ฆ I see nowโ€ฆ Thanks @Steve

Steve, where should I write that formula?

At the Valid_if of [Quantity], like my step#3.

Thanks for your help, I will try that

Top Labels in this Space