Investing App

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it’s possible to make an app on here where users would be able to register, choose a predetermined portfolio and then have the option to set up an investment contribution schedule. I am currently trying to figure out how to set it up but I would really appreciate the insight on how I can actually do it and if it’s possible.

Thank you all in advance.

Does this mean simply create the schedule, or does it mean to actually perform the scheduled investment automatically?

To perform it automatically, yes. Ideally you would be able to link your debit card.

Ok, thanks for that clarification. AppSheet currently does not have built-in any kind of financial transaction capability.

However, today is the age of connecting Internet services. There are many payment services out there that can likely meet your needs. You would need to find one that has REST API Integration capabilities. This means AppSheet can send an instruction to them to initiate the payment transfer and you would be able to initiate that investment transfer on the created schedule.

3 Likes

Thank you John, I appreciate such a detailed answer. Would you happen to know of any tutorials I can find online that can help me design the app? I wouldn’t expect an investing app tutorial to be around for AppSheet but any good inventory management one would be much appreciated.

1 Like

It’s doable but challenging with AppSheet. If I were you, I would try to build a simple app for personal use (without the money transactions) first before thinking of building it for users at large.

5 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation.

PayPal features a REST API that would be able to be integrated, but it is more work than other options, such as ecommerce platforms already available.

2 Likes

Example of one that can be integrated with AppSheet?

1 Like