Invoking voice Assistant kicks me out of Appsheet

pdorenberg
Participant III

Just finishing up testing of prototype and thought I would try using the AppSheet Assistant.

I am able to talk, and it captures my words and it looks like it’s starting to search but then kicks me out of the App.

Is there something else I need to setup/configure or is it just because I’m still in prototype phase?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Paul

0 9 291
9 REPLIES 9

tony1
Participant V

Hi @pdorenberg. Is this happening in a web browser or in the mobile app? I’m unable to reproduce the issue on my side.

Hi Tony,

On the mobile app, my phone is an Android Pixel 2. I’ll see if there are any additional setting on the phone that may be preventing voice rec etc. however it does pick up my words and kicks off the search.

The first time I tried, it did find a match but then second time it kicked me out. Same today, first time, it picks up my words, then boots me out.

I thought perhaps because I’m also just in prototype phase, that may be a limitation so to speak (kind of like not being able to have the scheduled reminders being sent out - which I know I can do one off), but wanted to check if there was something else I may be missing re: settings etc.

Thanks,
Paul

pdorenberg
Participant III

Hi Tony,

Just an fyi, I just loaded the app on my desktop and it works from there. However I think the “assistant” and I need some time to work together so I get the correct results from my queries

So it works from my laptop. I’ll see if there is anything else on the phone that I may need to change or set.

Strange that it would kick me out (exit totally) though when it executes the speech query.

Thanks,
Paul

pdorenberg
Participant III

Hi Tony,

Just an update, my Pixel voice is working on my phone ok, so the phone is also picking up my voice.

Btw, I did capture the output/feedback if that helps? Let me know if that would help narrow things down.

Thanks,
Paul

tony1
Participant V

Hmm, it seems like it might be an issue with AppSheet’s connection to the speech recognition on your device. When you say that it kicks you out, does that mean that the AppSheet app crashes/suddenly closes?

pdorenberg
Participant III

Hi Tony,

Yes, it crashes and closes.

The speech recognition seems to work for all my other needs on my phone.

As mentioned I have screenshot of the crash which indicates a specific line item in the code file if that helps.

Could be something specific with my phone but as mentioned it works for all other aspects.

Let me know if you want the screenshot that I have (just a one pager screen shot of what I believe is the point where it’s crashing).

LMK

Thanks,
Paul

YGY
Participant IV

Hi Guys,

I’m having the same issue, Samsung S10+ and I tested it on an iPhone x and it also crashes.

As soon as I’m done talking… one second and we’re out of the app.

Thanks.

Yassir

pdorenberg
Participant III

Ok, good to know it’s not just me. I’ve checked out my phone, and voice commands work for other aspects.

Plus, it works correctly from my notebook (HP/Windows).

Thanks Yassir for identifying your mobile phone as well. I thought because I’m still on the older Pixel 2, it could be something around that but if you’re experiencing it as well, that may help provide some additional info as to why this is happening.

Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue?

Thanks,
Paul

pdorenberg
Participant III

Hi Yassir,

Just to let you know, I just submitted a bug report this morning to the AppSheet team.

I included info from the stack trace on my phone which may help. Perhaps you can check your apptrace as well.

Hopefully we’ll hear back

Top Labels in this Space