Is Appsheet Down?

Smitster
Participant II

Is Appsheet down?

I’m in the UK and trying to launch our deployed app but it keeps coming up with a Cloudflare Error 524 timeout message?

2X_9_97f33a4f8169e44e1fad86eec9d458c9b82894d9.jpeg

0 27 779
27 REPLIES 27

Lynn
Participant V

Working fine here in NZ

Smitster
Participant II

Was fine up until a few hours ago.

Now I get the error when trying to enter either App Builder Screen or launching the app on the tablets. Mobile preview still seems to work ok.

Hi, what is your account ID and app name?

“MICIS Shop Floor”, 673534.

Thanks, will check your app.

The app seems to be working fine… though because of your data size the sync time is big. I saw that you have an open support ticket with our SQL expert and I would propose to continue with that, thanks!

BPNE
Participant I

I had encountered today the same issue, several times.

jonas_dont
Participant II

Same here, something must have been changed.

Is there anything we can do?
Other than trying to minimize DB load by optimizing formulas etc.

jonas_dont
Participant II

Maybe cloudflare was added today?

This is a known issue and first we need to find out the main reason for this. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have.

​Actively being investigated …

We’ve disabled cloudflare. Could you guys check to see if you are still seeing this problem?

Mine still stalls at the spinny loading wheel

BPNE
Participant I

Now it’s working properly.

For those who are seeing this problem exclusively on iOS, could you please try to uninstall/reinstall AppSheet (from iTunes ---- not just reinstall your app icon). Does it start working after that? This will help us pinpoint the root cause. We have some customers reporting that doing this got their apps working. Thanks

Yep completed the reinstall and all working ok now on iOS.

I’m out of the office at the moment but will check the android production tablets in the morning as well to confirm

We have heard no reports of problems on Android. Only iOS.

The original Cloudflare timeout messages I was getting above were all on Samsung Active tablets (and on PC as well which is where the screenshot was taken)

Right. Two different problems. The Cloudflare problem was timeouts on apps that take more than 100s to sync. We disabled that. There is a separate iOS problem. We have two possible workarounds for the moment: (a) unsintall/reinstall, (b) launch the app from the AppSheet app gallery on the device rather than from the app shortcut — could you please check (b) and let us know if that works.

TDhers
Participant V

We are actively investigating the iOS device app loading issue. Part of our investigation, we are finding that we can load the applications through the app gallery if you can access it, even if the apps do not load from the shortcut. I hope that it can temporarily unblock some of you and allow you to load your apps without needing to uninstall the entire Appsheet application. Please let us know if this workaround works for you as well, as we continue to look for the root cause of this and address it altogether.
We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience and are hard at work getting to the bottom of it.
Thank you
Thierry

TDhers
Participant V

We have pushed a redeploy that should fix issues. Can you all please try your apps now and let us know if you are still having loading issues? Thank you for your patience through this.
Thierry

Quick update on the root cause of the iOS loading issues we saw today. We moved our service behind Cloudflare this week and it turns out that Cloudflare attempts to do a lot of Javascript optimization for performance purposes. Some of these have lead to the App loading issue on iOS devices only (since it is a different Javascript code than on Chrome). We have turned off our routing our service through Cloudflare for now and will disable these Cloudflare optimizations when we re-enable. We are working with the Cloudflare engineer today on this. Thank you for your patience and support helping us pinpoint the issue this morning. This was a great collaborative effort to get to the bottom of it rapidly and resolve the issue.
Thierry

Thanks Thierry, appreciate the information and update.

The problem is still there for me and my clients.

Hi @Pierre_Marceau, is this still the case even if you fully exit the AppSheet app and then relaunch it?

Hi,
yes, nothing change

In that case can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the AppSheet app?

Top Labels in this Space