Is it possible to add a checkbox to the form ...

Is it possible to add a checkbox to the form so that if it is checked, a different format is used.

If so, could someone explain how please?

2 13 8,716
13 REPLIES 13

Would you please explain what do you mean by โ€œdifferent format is usedโ€?

The format rules under UX.

If a check box is checked when using the form, I want the data in the row to appear in different colours than the standard format rule I use.

Yes, itโ€™s possible. What difficulty are you having?

+Steve Coile Sorry, I donโ€™t haveany idea on how Iโ€™d even start with this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

In UX > Format Rules, click Add New Format Rule. In the New Format Rule:

• Set Rule Name as desired.

• For For this data, choose the table that uses the form you want to reformat.

• In If this condition is true, enter an expression that evaluates as TRUE if the column corresponding to the checkmark is checked. For instance, if the checkmark column is named Notify me and is of type Yes/No, the expression could be =[Notify me] = TRUE (or just =[Notify me]).

• In Format these columns and actions, choose one or more to receive the format change.

• Choose an Icon if youโ€™d like an icon attached to the formatted column. Choose a Highlight color if youโ€™d like to change the color of that icon.

• Choose a Text color if youโ€™d like to change the column value text color. Choose a Text size to adjust the column value text size (1 = normal size). Enable Text styles as desired.

• SAVE your changes.

To add a checkbox, simple add a Yes/No column to your table.

@Steve - Hi,
I have the same issue with adding a checkbox to a form. My column type is Yes/No, however I can make them as Auto, Buttons or Dropdown. AM I looking in the wrong direction?
Thanks for help!

PS. I am using a Reference to another table (YES/NO) in order to substitute Yes response to 1 and No response to 0. The table โ€œYES/NOโ€ has the column โ€œChoiceโ€ set to Boolean Yes/No.

The previous issue was about formatting rows in a table view according to a Yes/No column value. It appears you want to change the appearance of Yes/No buttons in a form view. Iโ€™m guessing youโ€™d rather display a checkbox rather than the buttons. Unfortunately, thereโ€™s no way to display a checkbox rather than buttons in a form view.

Thank you @Steve, appreciated!
Do you think it is a good point for a feature request - apparently in this case it is a TRUE/FALSE combination, where checkbox indicates TRUE when on and FALSE when off. In my case I have NO set to default which would make the use of checkbox even easier for the user. Currently I cannot โ€œhideโ€ NO button โ€ฆ

I do!

Hi Steve,

any chance to have checkbox implemented ?

Thank you so much Steve, Iโ€™ll give that a go tomorrow.

The closest I've gotten to a checkbox in a Form is having an ENUM FIELD with only one option to chose from. The option is to leave it blank or select it.

1. CASE "A": When I want the checkbox to open new fields to fill in. My enum would be ADD DETAILS for example
  2. The question or column title is replaced by " " (with a space in the middle, in the Display Name attribute).
  3. I give it a ENUM value of  <<ADD DETAILS>>
  4. It cannot be a Required Field since you have to be able to skip it 
  5. The other values to be filled in are then shown with a SHOW IF expression
  6. I recommend that your expression be a isnotblank() so you are free to adjust your ENUM's checkbox wording.

CASE B: My checkbox takes me to a subform which is not possible in APPSHEETS... but sometimes you need to be able to edit, or adust some data in order to continue your form and then come back

1. I configue my ENUM column similar, but in this case I'll have two values. In this example I'll do a <<EDIT CUSTOMER>> and <<CONFIRM CUSTOMER>> setting my initial value to Confirm, since I would like to think that the majority of times I have my data correct, so I'll edit ocassionally.
  2. I cannot have any or the following columns shown (SHOW IF expression conditioned to selecting the "CONFIRM CUSTOMER>>, so that I immediately go to the end of the FORM and save it.
  3. Here, I have a VIRTUAL COLUMN with an expression that tells me if none of what I consider to be required fields are left blank. It will give me a result of  "COMPLETE" or "INCOMPLETE", so I can come back to INCOMPLETE Forms and edit them (meanwhile stored as tables, where COMPLETE Forms have the "Edit" action disabled.
  4. I save my form, with an ACTION tied to SAVE FORM behavior that will LINKTOROW to that customer's form to be edited.
  5. When closing the EDIT CUSTOMER form, I have another behavior action conditioned to take me back to continue my INCOMPLETE FORM.
  6. It is a headache, since I have several checkboxes in the same Form to Edit Customer, Edit Product, Edit Previous Purchases, etc.

For example I have, in a Form:  "EDIT CUSTOMER".

Top Labels in this Space