Is it possible to add a checkbox to the form ...

(Simon Blackburn) #1

Is it possible to add a checkbox to the form so that if it is checked, a different format is used.

If so, could someone explain how please?

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

Would you please explain what do you mean by “different format is used”?

(Simon Blackburn) #3

The format rules under UX.

If a check box is checked when using the form, I want the data in the row to appear in different colours than the standard format rule I use.

(Steven Coile) #4

Yes, it’s possible. What difficulty are you having?

(Simon Blackburn) #5

+Steve Coile Sorry, I don’t haveany idea on how I’d even start with this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

(Steven Coile) #6

In UX > Format Rules, click Add New Format Rule. In the New Format Rule:

• Set Rule Name as desired.

• For For this data, choose the table that uses the form you want to reformat.

• In If this condition is true, enter an expression that evaluates as TRUE if the column corresponding to the checkmark is checked. For instance, if the checkmark column is named Notify me and is of type Yes/No, the expression could be =[Notify me] = TRUE (or just =[Notify me]).

• In Format these columns and actions, choose one or more to receive the format change.

• Choose an Icon if you’d like an icon attached to the formatted column. Choose a Highlight color if you’d like to change the color of that icon.

• Choose a Text color if you’d like to change the column value text color. Choose a Text size to adjust the column value text size (1 = normal size). Enable Text styles as desired.

• SAVE your changes.

(Steven Coile) #7

To add a checkbox, simple add a Yes/No column to your table.

(Simon Blackburn) #8

Thank you so much Steve, I’ll give that a go tomorrow.