Is it possible to automatically select the fi...

Is it possible to automatically select the first button on a enum list?

0 9 1,472
9 REPLIES 9

Put that value in as the initial value

IF you read the list from another table like TableName[ColumnName, you should be able to read the first value with ANY(TableName[ColumnName])

@Aleksi_Alkio My problem is I have 3 list in my Customer Details spreadsheet.

Station Name, Client Name, Client Numbers. When the station name is added from a drop down menu I have both the others come up with the details but then you have to select them. I would like to automatically select so I can hide the details from the form. The second are only for administration purposes.

Hopefully that makes sense.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD your can use the initial value for that. So long as they come after, appsheet will handle it well.

@Grant_Stead What would I use in the initial value?

Sorry to sound a bit thick.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD so, if your list is an enum then itโ€™s simple if for example you hadโ€ฆ โ€œNot Startedโ€, โ€œIn Progressโ€, โ€œCompletedโ€ and you always want the record to initialize as โ€œNot Startedโ€ then you simple write that in the initial value spot in the column definitionโ€ฆ =โ€œNot Startedโ€

In your case Iโ€™m assuming appsheet is doing some automatic Dependent Referencingโ€ฆ

Is there always only one option? Cause youโ€™ll need to do an ANY(SELECTโ€ฆ Where your looking at the table those are referencingโ€ฆ Honestly, some more details would be good

The ANY (TableName[ColumnName]) works for the first Station only but each Station has a different client so donโ€™t want show the first result.

I want to to show the correspondent client name and client number for each station. This will work using Valid_IF TableName[ColumnName] but then you have to select the button even tho there will only be one answer.

I want to Auto select the button so I can hid in the background of the app.

The ANY (TableName[ColumnName]) works for the first Station only but each Station has a different client so donโ€™t want show the first result.

I want to to show the correspondent client name and client number for each station. This will work using Valid_IF TableName[ColumnName] but then you have to select the button even tho there will only be one answer.

I want to Auto select the button so I can hid in the background of the app.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD yeah, thatโ€™s why itโ€™s seeming like it shouldnโ€™t even be a user populated field, simply an app formula running a select function based on the first columnโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know your table layout, but Iโ€™m thinking thatโ€™s what you need. Take a look at the select function here. Itโ€™s basically going to be ANY(SELECT( TABLE[columnofinterest] and a filter))

https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/expression-types/list-expressions-and-aggregates

Top Labels in this Space