Is it possible to change a value in a table o...

Jerry_Power
Participant III

Is it possible to change a value in a table once a user selects Sync and then have that changed value added to data to be synced?

0 6 380
6 REPLIES 6

Iโ€™m afraid you can trigger only virtual column with pressing the sync.

Jerry_Power
Participant III

Thank you.

Harry2
Participant V

@Jerry_Power Hi Jerry, Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t quite understand your question. Could you elaborate please?

Jerry_Power
Participant III

What I am trying to do is set up a hand shake type trigger between Appsheet and Google Sheets.

If I can set a value based on sync function, then I can toggle the value to notify Google that I am done updating records.

I (possibly incorrectly) assumed the last value to be changed in Appsheet would also be the last value to sync with sheets.

When I sync I can have so many records changed that a trigger on change can spawn hundreds of triggers fighting for the same code which in turn creates a huge number of errors.

Harry2
Participant V

@Jerry_Power Iโ€™m afraid itโ€™s not possible to limit the number of triggers from AppSheet side. Perhaps others in the community who have more experience with Google script might be able to help you.

Jerry_Power
Participant III

@Harry that is why I was curious if there was a behavior that allowed a value to be set on sync since the number of changes cannot be controlled on the Appsheet side.

If a function โ€˜On Syncโ€™ existed, then triggers could be set at the cloud based app to watch only for a change in one value to trigger any calculations.

Since I am dreaming, it would also be nice if that same function could cause a defined time delay read back to Appsheet.

This would allow calculations to complete at cloud based app and then data would be updated at Appsheet some definable time later.

What I currently do to handle the multiple triggers is grab the first โ€˜On Changeโ€™ and create an event in Sheets that waits 30 seconds.

The next change then deletes the previous triggers with the same event name.

This stops multiple triggers, but has the downside of forcing a wait of 30 seconds.

Top Labels in this Space