Is it possible to click on image to trigger action to another view in app?

Hello all,

I’m trying to create a UX where the initial screen will have a list of city images. Let’s say Chicago, NY, Miami and Austin. It will be be the gallery view or even card view. What I’d like to do is have the user be able to click on any one of those images to go to another view in the app of a list of people, let’s use plumbers as a example, so a list of images of headshots for different plumbers so another gallery or card view.

As I’m a noob to Appsheets, to my limited knowledge it seems I can only create an action icon or text where the user can click on to get to the other view?

Lastly, is there anyway to get rid of the action name as I’d like to keep it minimalist and clean vs having tons of text everywhere? In the card view, it’s just sitting there below the image and in the case of gallery view, the user has to click on the image which takes them to a new view where the action is. That UX doesn’t feel intuitive or smooth so I’m hoping it’s due to my lack of knowledge that this isn’t possible.

Any help or feedback greatly appreciated!
Sy

0 5 1,268
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @zonezsf
Have you tried LINKTOVIEW() ?

Thank you @Lynn for your help. Yes I do currently have LINKTOVIEW() in the Actions section in Behaviors but it doesn’t trigger from the image itself. Only from the action icon and/or the text. I was really hoping to have the image itself be clickable to take you to the next view.

You may also wish to take a look at the following sample apps that show navigation from the gallery view to other summary views. You will of course need to customize the concepts to suit your specific needs.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Display-attractions--details-include-contact-information--more?appG...

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Example-of-how-to-make-a-gallery-view-of-clickable-icons?appGuidStr...

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar for the suggestions. I’ll check out those examples to see if I can apply it to my needs. Appreciate your help

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar (or anybody who happens to know). When you have 2 min to spare, could I trouble you for a quick opinion?

The clickable icon example you recommended here: Icon Main Menu

might actually work but when I try to change the names in the People view by changing them in the Google sheet and then regenerating structure in the Data People column, it’s suddenly blank? Is this a known bug or am I breaking some sort of relationship by overwriting the default names in the Googlesheet?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just tried re-copying a new table and when I change the people names now, it works fine so not sure why it’s blank on the original one I created.

Top Labels in this Space