Is it possible to create a deep link in a bro...

Is it possible to create a deep link in a broadcast notification that (once open) forces the app to Sync (and therefore update to the latest version)?

Something like: LINKTOAPP(“AppName”#control=Sync)

0 6 523
6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried to use Behavior > Offline/Sync > Sync on Start > ON?

@Aleksi_Alkio Many thanks for your reply. I have considered that however increasing the app plan for this one-off event was not desirable by those who are paying the plan fee.

I’m really only thinking of doing this as a one off to force all users to be one the lasted update.

Well… even if the broadcast notification would work, you should send them manually every time. I believe you would not like to do that.

Few things you could use… create a detail view as an initial view where you can show when the app has synced last. You can also control this inside of the form… “You have synced the app 01/13/2018 07:30. You need to sync the app before adding any new data”

@Aleksi_Alkio That sounds like a great solution, thank you!

However, i’m fairly new and wouldn’t know where to start. I would know how to set a detail view as an initial view. How would i go about showing the user their last sync date and time?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my (novice) questions!

1. Add a very simple tab into the spreadsheet. Only one text column is enough and one record. You can name it what ever you want. 2) In the editor, add a virtual column with the app formula NOW(). 3) Add a detail view from this tab and use it as a initial view.

Because you have the NOW() in the virtual column, it will calculate the last sync date and time every time when the app is synced. If you want to use that value in the form, you can use the value with the formula in Valid_if like… NOW()-ANY(SyncTable[ID])<“000:10:00”. It will check that you have synced the app within last 10 minutes and it’s allowed to fill the form.

We do intend to soon provide a deep link that forces a sync. Quite a few people have asked for something like this. That would definitely be the cleaner solution.

Top Labels in this Space