Is it possible to create a parent row (PO) wi...

Is it possible to create a parent row (PO) with its child rows (POItems) in one web hook call? (The PO# is created with UNIQUID(), will it be written into the child rows?) I did not manage to make this work and I am wondering if it should work. Thanks

e.g. { “Action”: “Add”, “Properties”: { “Locale”: “en-US”, “Timezone”: “Israel Standard Time”

}, “Rows”: [ { “Supplier Name”: “<<[Supplier Name]>>”, “Related POItems”: { <<Start:Related POItems>>

“Rows”: [

{

“Cat#”: “<<[Cat#]>>”,

“Units”: <<[Units]>>,

“Unit Price”: <<[Price]>>,

},

] <>

} } ] }

0 6 370
6 REPLIES 6

@Yossi_Oulu

At the moment you can only add, update, or delete to a single table in each call.

You cannot add the parent record and one or more child records in the same call. You would need to make two calls. One for the parent. Another for the children.

Yes, the problem is I do not know the parent key.as it is created with uniqueid()

@Yossi_Oulu

You are right and I don’t have a good answer. I will need to think about it and talk with others on Monday.

@Yossi_Oulu just wondering, can you use a time stamp and the MAX function to get the parent key for the child ?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh, I think we should augment the Add API call to return back the key of the created row. Let’s discuss on Monday

Yes, this would be the cleanest solution. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space