Is it possible to create a White Label Appshe...

Is it possible to create a White Label Appsheet application where the User has the option of storing a copy of their own Spreadsheet or access other User Spreadsheets?

I developed a golf live score tracking application that is most useful when multiple users access their own version of the Spreadsheet (Within their own golf group). From the Appsheet documentation and community posts Iโ€™ve read, it looks like this is not possible. Turning off Shared Tables allows for local versions of data, but Iโ€™m looking for personalized cloud versions of data, accessible by multiple individuals.

Any thoughts from the Community?

0 5 526
5 REPLIES 5

Well, why do you need separate tables, itโ€™s just golf scores, nothing super sensitiveโ€ฆ So just make one table, and host or in your account, and then use security filters and slices to show them the information you want them to seeโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead Thatโ€™s a good point. I would just need to find a way for users to distinguish their data from other users in terms of viewing within the application. The Security options available and the use of Slices might by able to get me there. Thanks.

@Joseph_Thomas For sure in this example itโ€™s easy because youโ€™re just limiting them to their own scoresโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - Limiting Users to Their Own Data Limiting Users to Their Own Data help.appsheet.com

Yes, this definitely helps give me some good ideas to make this happen. Security based off the email address makes a lot of sense and I think I can build a robust, sharable application with these tools. Thanks for passing this along!

Please note that you will need to enable signin for USEREMAIL() based security to work.

Top Labels in this Space