Is it possible to display Data (top right corner or button of the screen) in a form view?

THTH1

Hi everybody,

I would like to have an eye on important values while filling the form (values from the parent table). In the same way as the one in the screenshot below: Sync Level, Sync Time, View and Data.

I know itโ€™s different, but I would like something like this throughout the completion of the form.
Anybody know how would to do it ?

Best regards,
Arnaud

0 8 480
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

tony1

Hi @THTH. This isnโ€™t exactly what youโ€™re looking for, but what about using form tabs to show progress through the form? https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-that-uses-your-information-to-fill-out-a-bill-of-lading-temp...

I see, however in the app, when filling the form, I canโ€™t see any tab. Do you think it is possible to create one that will be accessible when filling the form ?

An other way would be to include these data/values in the header or questions, but itโ€™s not really aesthetic and convenient. Except if we can change the police / color of the added values (4 or 5 column max). Would it be possible ?

@THTH it sounds like what you want is to see some key properties of a parent record when you are filling out the values in a nested/child form. Is it really a โ€œparentโ€ (eg: you want to see Order properties when flling out a new LineItem in that Order) or is it more of a contextual record (eg: you want to see Product properties when filling out a PurchaseOrder for that Product)?

It is more like a โ€œparentโ€. I want to see Investment required, depending on the data we just filled.Thanks for your fast reply Praveen !!

Adding @morgan and @carie FYI on forms UX asks

ok, this isnโ€™t great but โ€ฆ

If it is a parent, you have a Ref column in the child that is being filled out. So you can easily construct Show columns that use expressions utilizing the Ref column โ€ฆ [RefColumn].[Investment] โ€ฆ
What this does is give you full control over whatever you want to see from the parent. The negative is that it does require a Show column type, which is a bit awkward.

THTH1

I came up with something like this, CONCATENATE formula in the description. If we could change the color, or the size, would be awesome. Is it possible?

Top Labels in this Space