Is it possible to edit a number column type, ...

Is it possible to edit a number column type, directly after pressing an action button?

I have an action called “LOADED” which changes my [Status] column accordingly. Whenever this action is activated, I would like my users to be able to jump directly to the column [Bins Shipped] which is a number column type. I need the users to be able to input any random number of bins that they loaded on the truck. Basically, a quick edit option of the column [Bins Shipped] directly after pressing the action button “LOADED”. Is this possible?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

0 12 403
12 REPLIES 12

Unfortunately, not right now. Is my understanding that they’re trying to make something to handle this.

Thanks @Grant_Stead! I’ll look forward to this in a future update.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Gotcha, that makes sense. I see the QuickEdits saving auto-matically, but for some reason when the [Bins Shipped] QuickEdit auto-saves, it also removes the detail view from the screen. Not sure what’s making that particular QuickEdit column act that way, because the other QuickEdit options do their auto-save and the detail view remains on the screen. It’s perfectly acceptable the way it is now, just not sure if it’s some sort of bug that needed to be brought to someone’s attention. More than likely it’s just my lack of knowledge.

That does sound strange, does the view have a Show_If expression that might be affected by the value change?

@Brady_Lovell as will I, it’ll be so great!!!

@Brady_Lovell you can achieve it with some workarounds 1.) Create a slice of your table with only [_RowNumber], your key column and [BINS SHIPPED] column 2.) Create REF type FORM UX for this slice 3.) Create an Action Button with LINKTOFORM(“Your Form Name”,“ID”,[ID])

@Levent_KULACOGLU Thanks for offering to help. I’ve followed your instructions till the end, and am confused as to what to insert (see below “HERE”)…

LINKTOFORM(“Your Form Name”,“HERE”,[HERE])

I also have 2 changeTimeStamp columns for [STATUS] “ON SITE” and “LOADED”, and whenever I try to limit the slice to just the [_RowNumber], the key, and the [Bins Shipped] it throws an error saying it needs to include all ‘change’ column types, and when changes are made it’s changing the timestamps, which is unwanted. I may be biting off more than I can chew.

QuickEdit should respect Editable_If. If you make the number field a QuickEdit and use Editable_If based on the status state, it can make it conditionally editable. However, it would not ‘jump to’ the number field automatically.

@Brady_Lovell

For your first Q; you have to pass the Key Column Value from that row, to the Key Column field of the form. Therefore “HERE” and [HERE] must be your Key Column/Headers.

For the second Q; as I don’t have any idea about both your sheet and app structure, it’s hard to comment. However, provided you have Change TimeStamp type columns, add them to your slice also.

Hope I’m explanatory…

Thanks for your input @Adam_Stone_AppSheet and @Levent_KULACOGLU. I was able to figure out a pretty good workaround. So far it seems to be working.

I made a Grouped Action which is made up of 2 individual actions, “Loaded” and “Materials”. The Loaded action changes the [Status] to Loaded. Then the Materials Action that follows, has the [Bins Shipped] column and a few others, that are all Quick Edit fields.

So when the user clicks the new Grouped Action, it will mark the order as Loaded and then take them to the Materials View which has all of the Quick Edit’s.

Somehow though, when the user inputs the amount of bins in the [Bins Shipped] Quick Edit column, it auto-saves the data and then disappears. So what I did was, I moved the [Bins Shipped] Quick Edit column to the bottom of the view so that the users make that change last, and in return will save the entire thing.

Not sure if this is just basic AppSheet knowledge or not, but this one was a doozy for me to figure out.

I think I have it working though. lol If you guys know how I can stop the auto-save that’s happening, I’m all ears. I’ve looked everywhere (column > slice > ux > behavior) and am coming up short on an answer.

Thanks again!

With QuickEdit fields, the changes will save whenever a field is updated. So if you have multiple QuickEdits in one view, each change will save a separate update. If you want multiple changes to different fields to be collected in one row update, you’d need to navigate to a form view instead of a detail view with QuickEdits.

Top Labels in this Space