Is it possible to eliminate the ‘clear’ butto...

Is it possible to eliminate the ‘clear’ button in a drop down enum list?

Don’t want the user to have the option to ‘clear’ but rather only be able to select from the drop down.

As always, thanks!

0 7 628
7 REPLIES 7

Correction… enum drop down, NOT enum drop down ‘list’

What if they accidentally select the wrong option they would have no way of changing it.

Agree with @Lynn . If the field is mandatory, it should do the same thing basically.

I understand this want. Cause you might be dropping in an initial value. But want them the ability to select a new option… And many people click the drop down just to see what the other options are… Clear button feels like a cancel button sometimes…

Exactly!

During development I myself have accidentally clicked the clear button rather than save.

The mandatory field is helpful but once the enum gets cleared the user may not recall what the actual selection was prior to clearing so the wrong selection may get reentered.

Would be nice to grey out or remove the option.

I agree. I just noticed this and felt the same way. If we set the column to “Required”, and there are only a limited number of choices, I don’t see any need for “clear”. The user just need to pick one.

I have found, though, that if the column is set to “Required” and the user taps clear, the field will revert to the last item chosen on a quick edit detail view. That works for me, though I would prefer to replace the “clear” with “cancel”.

Workaround:
Under LOCALIZE you can use the expression " ". This will produce just a space character. You could technically click on it but it’s not very visible for the user

I you like it to appear only in one special Form you can use an expression like:
IF(CONTEXT("View")="My_Form", " " , "Clear")

Or in every form:
IF(CONTEXT("ViewType")="Form", " " , "Clear")

Top Labels in this Space