Is it possible to Filter Map view with checkbox

fromr

Hi,
So the search box does show/hide certain pins on a map view but for a more efficient filtering, is it possible to get checkboxes to show/hide the pins?

1 6 569
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Not directly from the map view.

I donโ€™t know your use case but you could create a View where a user pre-selects the items they wish to see on the map such as using an EnumList column to multi-select items. You can then use this list to filter the pin items such as with a Slice and use that Slice as the source for the map.

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the checkbox show/hide functionality like in Googleโ€™s My Maps to be able to easily filter through property listings. My Maps is great except it doesnโ€™t have clusters like AppSheet and doesnโ€™t sync with Google Sheets which is a big one for me. Do you think itโ€™s possible to achieve this with apps script?

To add to what @WillowMobileSystems said, I suggest combining a table where you can choose the filters with the map view into one Dashboard. This is more intuitive for the user if everything is in one place

Not sure if this is a recent update, but now I see a dropdown in the search bar that allows me to Filter each column.
This does the trick for me as I can then save those filtered views as bookmarks. Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @fromr.

I am also trying to filter pins on a map, which is what led me to your post. Can you explain what you mean by:

I see a dropdown in the search bar that allows me to Filter each column.
This does the trick for me as I can then save those filtered views as bookmarks. 

Thanks!

Here:

Steve_0-1673019967802.png

Then here:

Steve_1-1673020006010.png

Top Labels in this Space