Is it possible to format how a related table ...

Is it possible to format how a related table displays in a table view?

See pic…I’d like to turn Related Evacuation Comments (the text) green if there are comments (1).

If this is possible - can I take it a step further and somehow flag records that are shown in yellow (this indicates a call back is needed) that don’t have any related comments.

We are training people to always add a comment if a call back is needed, but I haven’t found out how to require this so sometimes people forget.

0 5 358
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Tammi_Canelli,If I have understood your requirement correctly,yes,it is possible.

Please create a virtual column in the parent table where related comments column is present.

Call this virtual column say, CountComments with App formula as COUNT([Name of Reverse Reference Column])

Now in the Format rules of UX pane, please create 2 format rules set on the related reverse reference column.

RuleZero with condition as [CountComments]=0 with colors options

as yellow

RuleOne with condition that

[CountComments]>0 with colors options as green

Please see the image below

That is genius!!! Thank you so much!

Looks great!

Of course you could do this directly with the format filter but normally it’s better to do it with the virtual column than in format rule. If the table view is small and you don’t need to scroll a lot, then it could be in the format rule as well.

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio You are right. Your input always has practical insights.

Top Labels in this Space