Is it possible to have 2 different format opt...

Is it possible to have 2 different format options for the same column?

I have a gSheet displaying live weather and one of the columns is labeled [Forecast]. When I bring it into AppSheet, I format it so that all of the text is green, in color. The forecast column gets populated with words like โ€œMostly Cloudyโ€, โ€œCloudyโ€, โ€œRainโ€, etcโ€ฆ

I want to be able to highlight the text in the color Red, whenever the words โ€œRainโ€ or โ€œShowersโ€ or โ€œT-stormsโ€ shows up in the [Forecast] column. Please see attached. Iโ€™ve tried a bunch of different AND, NOT, OR comboโ€™s and canโ€™t seem to figure out. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

0 4 441
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Brady_Lovell Make a format rule with the condition OR([Forecast] = โ€œRainโ€, [Forecast] = โ€œT-Stormsโ€, [Forecast] = โ€œShowersโ€). Make sure to select the columns you want formatted.

Also, if you have an existing โ€œall green everythingโ€ format rule, make sure your overriding rainy weather rule appears after it. From the docs:

" If two matching rules conflict in their formatting information, the last rule takes precedence."

help.appsheet.com - Format Rules: The Essentials Format Rules: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Hi @Brady_Lovell, have you tried CONTAINS. eg

CONTAINS([VENUE],โ€œCANCELLEDโ€)

etc. Just use your data.

@tony Your suggestion is exactly what I did originially, but for some reason I couldnโ€™t get it to work. Probably just had the order messed up I guess, as itโ€™s working great now. Thanks!

Thanks @Lynn this turned out to just be a goof on my end

You could write that expression also likeโ€ฆ IN([Forecast],LIST(โ€œRainโ€,โ€œT-Stormsโ€,โ€œShowersโ€))

Top Labels in this Space