Is it possible to have a filtered drop down l...

Is it possible to have a filtered drop down list that you can add to? I think the way you filter is with valid_if but that will not allow new records

0 9 357
9 REPLIES 9

If you use โ€œfixedโ€ values in Enum field, you can set the option โ€œAllowOtherValuesโ€ to true. Then the user can add new values.

I think this would not allow me to have a filtered drop down list based on another selection. Essentially I am trying to have something like the 2 columns- Country and Restaurant. If someone selects a Country, the list of Restaurants is filtered to what currently exists in the dataโ€ฆbut the user can still add a new restaurant if they want. Is this possible?

Gotchaโ€ฆ you should be able to do that with the ref field. You can use the dependent dropdown after you have selected the first fieldโ€™s value.

So in this example, the restaurant field would be changed to Type=Ref? How do you create the dependent dropdown? I only know how to do this through valid_if

Dependent dropdown requires Valid_If which makes adding disabled

havenโ€™t had time to get into this personโ€™s extensive workaround from 2016 but may have to look into it plus.google.com - Add values to dependent dropdowns: I am trying to have a set of dependent drโ€ฆ Add values to dependent dropdowns: I am trying to have a set of dependent drโ€ฆ plus.google.com

When you first choose the country, you can query the restaurants with the expression SELECT(TableName[Restaurant],[Country]=[_THISROW][Country]) Put this formula into the Valid_If field.

Typo errorโ€ฆ one dot was missing. SELECT(TableName[Restaurant],[Country]=[_THISROW].[Country])

Receiving the following error: โ€œColumn _THISROW is used in a SELECT expression. It is the wrong type. It should be a list of rows.โ€

Top Labels in this Space