Is it possible to hide virtual columns in for...

Is it possible to hide virtual columns in form-mode?

I have few virtual columns, that are showing some static data (specifically a letter), which is colored either red or green based on a another columns true/false state.

I do not need these virtual columns to show up on my form-view, so I was wondering if it is possible to hide them in that specific view?

I know I can change the order in a table-view, but canโ€™t figure out how to do it in form-view.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 6 854
6 REPLIES 6

Iโ€™ve had similar questions/problems with the form view. I created a slice to eliminate a few of them, but not all of them.

You can hide those virtual columns with the Show_If. Just type FALSE there. If the option UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is set to ON, it will hide those virtual columns from the detail etc. view as well.

Is it possible to hide a certain column in the Details view, but still have it show up in Tables?

Yes! The columns displayed in a detail view can be chosen from the details view configuration.

Yay, thanks so much! And any way to hide them in forms (itโ€™s an automated column anyways, so people canโ€™t edit it)? (I found a topic that set Show_If to FALSE, but that also hid the variable in the tables).

Yep! The easiest way is to use an expression for Show_If that makes a decision according to the output of CONTEXT("View") or CONTEXT("ViewType") (see also Other Expressions). For instance, to display a column in any type of view except a form, use a Show_If expression of:

(CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "form")
Top Labels in this Space