Is it possible to limit the amount of Enum va...

Is it possible to limit the amount of Enum values in a specific view?

My dashboard view is made up of 3 ‘Ref’ views, all with the ‘Quick Edit’ option enabled for the Enum column. I want to have 1/3 of the Enum values in the first view, the next 1/3 in the second view, and the last 1/3 in the third view. Is this possible? Only way I know to limit the Enum values is through the column definition, which will effect the entire application, which is not desired. Any and all help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 7 348
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Are these 3 views coming from the same table?

@Aleksi_Alkio Correct, sorry I failed to mention that!

Have you sliced these 3 views or what is the difference between them?

Yes each view is it’s own independent slice, but they all share the same table. I have some filters set on the slices to eliminate the non-needed info for each individual group.

Okay… so you would need to connect these two things together… the slice condition and options for Enum. For example… if you filter the slice with the [STATUS] column, you could write something like IFS([STATUS]=“Open”,{Option#1,Option#2,Option#3}, [STATUS]="Awaiting approvement,{Option#4,Option#5,Option#6}, [STATUS]="Approved,{Option#7,Option#8,Option#9}) into the Valid_If.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your help, your solution worked perfectly and does exactly what I needed. Now I don’t have to worry about the users accidentally selecting the wrong input. Much appreciated!!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space