Is it possible to make a whole table Editable...

Is it possible to make a whole table Editable_if ?

I have a packing details table, I want all the entries do be editable only if the status is in “preparing”.

DO I need to do it on every column or is there a way to make a while table Editable_if?

0 5 463
5 REPLIES 5

@Benoit_Gramond

Via Data > Tables expand your table’s properties. With Are updates allowed property, click the blue funnel on far right and you can set the condition for your table

OR

From Behavior tab, click Show system actions link if they are hidden and locate the Edit action generated by the system, expand it and type an evaluation expression in if this condition is true property

Thanks a lot ! I thought that for the “Are update allowed” function we could only use Expressions about the user email! Basically I can use everything I want if its returns “READ_ONLY”, “UPDATES_ONLY”, “ADDS_ONLY”, “ADDS_AND_UPDATES”, “DELETES_ONLY”, “UPDATES_AND_DELETES”, “ADDS_AND_DELETES”, or “ALL_CHANGES” right ?

Basically, both have the same effect. What would be the best solution for you?

@Benoit_Gramond

In conditional evaluation, you can use any kind of expression that will evaluate to TRUE/FALSE or Y/N. It totally depends on your app and how you had built it. 2nd option might be more handy for you I believe.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Yes indeed. It the fastest and easiest to change I think. Thanks a lot for your reactivity an advice!

My pleasure @Benoit_Gramond you’re very welcome

Top Labels in this Space