Is it possible to make app sheet keep spacing...

Is it possible to make app sheet keep spacing or forcing text to next line?

I am also interested if it is possible to create error if valid if is violated.

0 25 1,846
25 REPLIES 25

May I ask before where do you need that forcing? In a single valueโ€ฆ workflow etcโ€ฆ

You can create your own error message with the virtual column.

@Aleksi_Alkio ahhha the answer is away in a virtual column or concatenate something.

I am using it as part of a sign-up form, Iโ€™m making my customers use a Google account because Iโ€™m using their email address inside of numerous different primary keys that store info that I can use in other apps.

@Aleksi_Alkio thank you for your help, I canโ€™t seem to get it to work, space here space there, nothing seems to work. I got it to work in text In a show column, just not in other column, I will try putting it in description field tonight.

Check if this would help to understand the formatโ€ฆ

CONCATENATE(โ€œEmail Addressโ€,"space ",โ€œspace โ€œ,โ€(must be @google.com)โ€)

@Aleksi_Alkio

I am 95% sure I tried that but I will

try It tonight thanks again for your help.

@Aleksi_Alkio I still couldnโ€™t get it to work, but itโ€™s ok I am not going to use app sheet for the sign up form for my app, I am most likely going to use a Wordpress plugin form that allows for me to set up reoccurring debits.

Do you think it matters that I am using the display name field?

Thank you for your help

May I ask what is the app name, your Appsheet account and from where I can find this expression. If thatโ€™s okay for you.

SignUpForm-369532,

369532, Seller Email in row two in the display name field.

Okayโ€ฆ the reason is the "Display name " option. Because you want to see the explanation on the form, you should add it into to โ€œDescriptionโ€ field.

Thank you so much

Youโ€™re welcome

It worked, but I have to say that is difficult to figure out, I canโ€™t stand not understanding how things work, Cheers! Dan

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you Translate

You can use โ€œDisplay nameโ€ but because it will show the value in a table view as a header, you canโ€™t have line breaks (we are showing only one row for the header). When you type that expression into the โ€œDescriptionโ€, it will show it only on the form view and thatโ€™s why the line breaks are working.

If you use only โ€œDisplay nameโ€, it will show it on both (views and form). If you use both options, the โ€œDescriptionโ€ will overwrite the โ€œDisplay nameโ€ value.

That makes a lot of sense, I really appreciate the explanation. I donโ€™t mean this to be critical, but how would someone like me(more will than skill) learn that, is it possible to have the system throw up a warning letting me know that app sheet is truncating or removing spaces, why and how to make it work.

If I missed this warning I am going to feel really silly.

Have a great day and thank you again.

You are not throwing criticismโ€ฆ itโ€™s from the real world

Which one? The line spacing or the error message?

It wonโ€™t be a pop up like I would have liked, but a large text red virtual column should be enough to inform the customer that they need to change and read the instructions.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I still donโ€™t understand spaces. I am looking for increased spacing to give the impression it is title then a description.

Example :Distributor ID/ Customer ID (this is established by the producer/manufacturer)" I would like a new line for the (โ€ฆ) part.

CONCATENATE (โ€œDistributor ID/ Customer IDโ€,"

โ€œ,โ€(this is established by the producer/manufacturer)")

@Aleksi_Alkio

Is it possible to force a new line or multiple spaced because when I tried using concatenation it removed all but one space?

Try use Ideographic Space โ€™ ', to me work in headers. I donโ€™t now if in other behavior works.
http://emptycharacter.com/

CONCATENATE (โ€œDistributor ID/ Customer IDโ€,"

โ€œ,โ€

โ€œ,โ€(this is established by the producer/manufacturer)")

@Aleksi_Alkio I think I am missing something

CONCATENATE(โ€œEmail Addressโ€," โ€œ,โ€ โ€œ,โ€(must be @google.com)

Gives the result I am looking for in the expression builder but in the form view in app sheet it end up being:

"Email Address (must be @google.com)

Hi @Daniel_Armstrong!

I think Iโ€™ve had problems like this and what I did was to put the following in a column in my spreadsheet so that I could then use that column (perhaps with a name like โ€œ[Line change]โ€ in a concatenate expression:

"
"

Though you canโ€™t see it, thereโ€™s a space after the first quotation mark and that is followed by a return.

I didnโ€™t something similar to get directional quotations marks into my app:

Hereโ€™s a related trick I used to place an extra line before a โ€œheaderโ€ that looks like this:

2X_e_e6da3f679fe2203b4ca0709d331b1848094e5311.png

The โ€œW to Dโ€ line is as follows:

2X_a_afe1a7f9e235d4cd9cfa5ff2b1808415af65b135.png

Iโ€™ve turned off the little heading that normally would appear on top of this text as follows:

2X_b_b8a08069ffab8e8d0ccc2609f4bc404c6275ae8a.png

Try wit this one and please aware of the space like

Address","space

CONCATENATE(โ€œEmail Addressโ€,"

โ€œ,โ€

โ€œ,โ€(must be @google.com)")

Top Labels in this Space