Is it possible to make it so that when I clic...

Is it possible to make it so that when I click an action button in the top right corner of a detail view, that it would havel a popup appear where a value can be entered?

For example, I have a time-clock app I created. I use a form for the clock in, but to clock out I have an action button that the employee clicks to clock out. I would like it to request a PIN when clicked, which would verify identity.

Is this possible, or does anyone have any suggestions?

0 7 434
7 REPLIES 7

Aleksi, I donโ€™t think I explained properly.

Lets say I create an action, and the action button gets clicked but a required field is not populated. Is there a way to prompt user to enter the missing data? Or will it just give an error?

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio,I guess your this response was to another post today by @Challa_Ramakrishna

This is weird. I replied to that post but it went to hereโ€ฆ hmm.

At this time it went correctly. I deleted my original answer

@David_Barbosa What do you mean by โ€œrequired field is not populatedโ€?

@David_Barbosa and @Aleksi_Alkio. See my discussion in 2017 with Praveen that discussed similar functionality

plus.google.com - Is it possible to Assign a Value through an Action Button by presenting a Lisโ€ฆ Is it possible to Assign a Value through an Action Button by presenting a Lisโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio & @David_Barbosa hopefully soon if we ask Praveen for a potential inclusion in the short term roadmap??

Top Labels in this Space