Is it possible to play sound or video on click?

I was trying something for kids and for that I want to add action by clicking it should play sound or show videos?

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 7 1,182
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has no support for audio files.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has no support for audio files.

Thank you @Steve

Hello my friend. Have you seen my post teaching how to upload and play audios and videos inside appsheet? I think this is a better alternative to you.

Yes we can do that, just like I posted below.

I just found a workaround if you use a Video field with the value of your audio file it will play it.

Hi sir, yes you can play audio on Appsheet. You can upload an audio and use the built-in player.
You have to follow the following steps:

1) create a column type file called [audio]
2) upload the mp3 file
3) Create a virtual column called PLAYER and the formula will be the audio column [audio]
4) set this column type show and inside the column settings you select video
DONE!!! you will be able to reproduce your audios inside your app.

PS: You have to go to the view settings, in the detail view use the column order and add the player column, bc if you don't do that, it will be shown only in the form views.  

Hi!

I did as you described and it worked perfectly if the video is uploaded via the file type column. However, I would like to have one default video in the file type column. So, I tried to put a Google Drive link in the App formula and although the show column displays player, it is dead like there is no content to be played. Do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve the virtual show column to play a video linked to the file type column?

Tnx!

Top Labels in this Space