Is it possible to restrict a dropdown list? How can I do it?

I have a number of customers in one table and i want only certain users to view particular customers on a dropdown list. How can I achieve that?

Solved Solved
0 2 220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

First you would need someway to identify which customers a user can view.

Letโ€™s say you have a column in your Customers table named Users in which you place the list of users who can view that customer. Define this column in AppSheet as an EnumList

Iโ€™ll assume your users are logging in and therefore you know their login email address. Place the users email address in the Users column separated by a comma (if more than one user).

Now, in the column for the dropdown, likely a Ref column, update the Valid_If property to this expression:

SELECT(Customers[<<key column>>], IN(USEREMAIL(), [USERS]))

Replace <<key column>> with the column in the Customer tables being used as the key. In case you are not aware, the USEREMAIL() function returns the email of the logged in user.

I hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

First you would need someway to identify which customers a user can view.

Letโ€™s say you have a column in your Customers table named Users in which you place the list of users who can view that customer. Define this column in AppSheet as an EnumList

Iโ€™ll assume your users are logging in and therefore you know their login email address. Place the users email address in the Users column separated by a comma (if more than one user).

Now, in the column for the dropdown, likely a Ref column, update the Valid_If property to this expression:

SELECT(Customers[<<key column>>], IN(USEREMAIL(), [USERS]))

Replace <<key column>> with the column in the Customer tables being used as the key. In case you are not aware, the USEREMAIL() function returns the email of the logged in user.

I hope this helps!!

Thank you. It works

Top Labels in this Space