Is it possible to search mutiple fields on th...

Is it possible to search mutiple fields on the app at one time?

For example: we can put a search query like below:

“Field 1” + “Field 2”

0 9 628
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Vo_Tu_Duc,I believe the AppSheet search currently does not search by such multiple fields.

However you may wish to take a look at new feature of “Smart Assistant”, if it helps you, in your search or filtering your app data.

help.appsheet.com - Smart Assistant View Smart Assistant View help.appsheet.com

Thanks Suvrutt_Gurjar. This is an amazing workaround for the fact that AppSheet doesn’t enable filtering / search across multiple tables and fields.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you for your reply.

Yes. I think the mentioned feature is not available now.

In my opinion, Appsheet should have this feature.

If this have been enable, the filter will be more convenience. All user, then, will never think or ask about question: “how to export data from Appsheet app”.

@praveen @Santiago just as you for your reference.

Hi @Vo_Tu_Duc,

Thank you. The initial discussion in this thread was about default search functionality in the app.

Are you looking for something different? Could you please add a bit more about what you would like to do when you mention , “how to export data from AppSheet app” , so that we could look into possible options to achieve what you you are looking at.

I just make a Virtual Column with a CONCATENATE expression int here of all the fields I need searched and make sure it is searchable. Works for me.

@Aaron_Moolb how smart you are…

@Suvrutt_Gurjar what I mean is I would like to filter by mutilple fields. If having that feature, my exported data demand from Appsheet app will be descreased.

@Aaron_Moolb Could you please share the expression?

I’ve tried an expression like below. But It doesn’t work.

CONCATENATE ( [Field 1], " ", [Field 2] , " ", [Field 3] , " ", [Field 4] ).

The type of Virtual Column is set as text.

Could you please advise?

@Vo_Tu_Duc That virtual column approach won’t work if you don’t write the search string exactly in the same way than in your column and this is the same for the virtual column as well. The combined value would be like “Jack Tim Aaron” and if you type it like “Jack Aaron” it won’t find it because the string is just different.

@Aleksi_Alkio I’ve got the point. Thank you so much for your advices.

Top Labels in this Space