Is it possible to send email from a public ap...

Is it possible to send email from a public app?

I get this error:

If the app uses the USEREMAIL() function, it must require users to sign in. As currently configured, the behavior of this function is unpredictable and will stop working entirely on Jan 20, 2018. Please fix your app before that date.

I purchased the public Publisher Plus plan for this feature only (as it states on the website it supports automated email notifications).

Is it can work, then whatโ€™s the best way to go about this?

0 5 381
5 REPLIES 5

tony1
Participant V

@Chipp_Walters You canโ€™t use the USEREMAIL() function in a public app because users do not log in with an email.

You can still send emails, but youโ€™ll need to have the user provide their email address in another way. For example, include an email field in a form or use user settings. help.appsheet.com - User Settings: The Essentials User Settings: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Thanks Tony. Iโ€™m building an issuetracker app with a bunch of different users from all over the planet. I want to be able to send an email to the owner of an issue when it is updated. Their email address is in the row of the issues table that is updated.

Is this possible?

tony1
Participant V

@Chipp_Walters Yes. Create a workflow rule on your issues table that fires on updates. Set the โ€œto:โ€ email address to be [Owner Email Column Name].

The person submitting their issue will have to type in their email address in the input form. Please see help.appsheet.com - Require Sign-In: The Essentials Require Sign-In: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Thanks everyone. I already have implemented sending the new task to the person assigned to it. Much appreciated!

Top Labels in this Space